Spekko Side Dishes: Adding Flavour and Flair!
The roast is done. The veggies are simmering. But there’s still that special “something” missing… Mmmm? A side dish with a difference is what we need to complete the picture-perfect dinner. Adding flavour, variety as well as an extra serving of healthiness to the mix, Spekko rice has a great choice of tasty side dishes that will complement your menu and add a touch of flair!
Flavour and Variety
When it comes to getting creative with side dishes, rice is your best option. Here are some of our favourites from the Spekko kitchen. Enjoy!
- Spicy basmati rice with nuts and dried fruit. It’s a little exotic, and great if you want to impress quests.
- Dorah’s brown rice salad. Light, tasty, great for summer!
- Spekko basmati rice with tomatoes and spinach. This adds something special to big lunches.
- Salad from Soweto. Light, easy, great if you have no time to spare.
- Cabbage, tomato and brown rice casserole. Being a vegetarian doesn’t equal boring!
Adding more than just flavour and flair, let’s get specific about some of the wonderful things Spekko side dishes can do for your lifestyle, too.
- The Heart and Stroke Foundation has approved all Spekko variants as part of a healthy diet. Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice, Saman Brown Rice and India Gate Basmati Rice also carry the official Low GI rating, meaning they have a Low GI value of less than 55. So, normal portions will provide a slow release of energy and improve blood glucose control.
- Looking to ease more fruits and veggies into your diet? Spekko side dishes can help. This means more nutrients and fiber with fewer empty calories.
- Worried about extra cooking time in a world where many of us are time poor? Well, it only takes a few minutes to throw a salad together. Doing so will also help you use produce before it goes bad.