Spekko Rice TV Ad Rated Top 10 Best Liked by Millward Brown
In an incredible first for the brand, Spekko Rice’s television commercial “Spekkoliciously Gooooood” was voted amongst the 10 Best Liked Ads for Q4 2013 from Millward Brown (quarterly adtrack). This achievement was truly phenomenal, especially measured against massive adspend by FMCG companies during the festive and pre-festive season.
To note is that during this time a new rice brand was launched on television and other rice brands vied for consumer attention. Definitely time for a celebration!
In their statement on this announcement, Millward Brown says: “The first challenge of advertising is to make people pay attention. The second challenge for advertisers, and the most important, isn’t merely to attract attention, but to hold it and focus it on your brand. The ad must create a virtual magnifying glass that highlights something specific to the brand – some fact, idea or impression – and give it enough emotional charge to become established in the consumer’s memory.” Spekko Rice’s Spekkkoliciously Gooooood, produced by Industry Creative Engineers came 7th in the line-up.
The top 10, are:
- Coca-Cola – Share a Coke with Bobby (Draftfcb)
- Oreo Cookie – South African Oreo Princess (Draftfcb)
- Steers – Tiny Burgers (Joe Public)
- Danone – Yo Yelly (Y & R)
- Capitec Bank – Open from 8 am – 5 pm (ninety9cents)
- Danone Ultra Mel Custard – Dear Santa (Y & R)
- Spekko Rice – Spekkoliciously Gooooood (Industry Creative Engineers)
- Wimpy – Own your day (Draftfcb)
- VW – Crying Baby (VW SA)
- Savanna Cider – Savanna Dark (Draftfcb)