1/2 cup Spekko India Gate Basmati Rice
2 cups grated zucchini (baby marrows)
1 cup grated carrots
4 spring onions, finely sliced
2/3 cup cake flour
2 eggs, whisked
30 ml olive oil
5 ml salt
1 ml ground pepper
125ml sour cream
10g chives, chopped
- Cook the rice according to packet instructions.
- Place the zucchini in a clean dishcloth with a pinch of salt. Squeeze out as much of the liquid as possible, then place in a bowl with the carrot, spring onion and cooked rice.
- Whisk the flour and eggs together and tip into the vegetable mix. Mix thoroughly and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Drop a spoonful of the mix into the pan. Pressing gently to even it out. Once golden, flip it over and allow it to go golden on the other side. Repeat with all the mixture. Reheat in the oven before eating if needed.
- Serve on a platter, drizzled with the sour cream and sprinkled with chives. Dish up with the rocket salad and zucchini spirals.