1 ready-roasted chicken
3 tbsp butter
15 ml olive oil
2 medium onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 cup Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice
100 g almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
70 g sultanas
3 cups chicken stock
10 g parsley, roughly chopped
6 sheets phyllo pastry
- Shred the chicken, discarding the skin and bones. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat the butter and olive oil over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice, almonds and sultanas and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover with a lid, then turn down to a simmer. Cook for about 15 minutes, until the rice is cooked and has absorbed most of the liquid. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken and parsley to the rice and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C and grease a large 6 cup muffin tin.
- Brush each phyllo sheet with melted butter and cut each piece into four pieces. Line each muffin cup with the phyllo and evenly spoon the mixture into each.
- Bake for 20 – 30 minutes, until golden.