Oil for frying
350g Chicken breast or thigh pieces diced 12.5 mm
150g Shelled and deveined prawns
15ml (1 tbsp) Green Thai curry paste
5ml (1 tsp) Peanut butter
½ tsp Ground ginger
½ tsp Ground garlic
30ml (2 tbps) Chopped coriander stems and roots
250ml (1 cup) Coconut cream
5ml (1 tsp) Fish sauce
5 – 7ml (1 – 1/1/2 tsp) Brown sugar
5ml (1 tsp) Lemon juice
1 Each of a red and green chili
500ml (2 cups) Fresh vegetables – green beans (chopped into 2 cm pieces), babymarrow (sliced into 3 mm discs), carrots (sliced into 3 mm discs),
Broccoli and fresh coriander
150ml Fresh cream
Spring onions and coriander for garnishing
2 cups Cooked Spekko Royal Umbrella Jasmine Rice
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and brown the chicken. Remove and set aside.
2. Flash-fry the prawns and set aside.
3. Fry the Thai paste with the peanuts butter, ginger, garlic and the coriander roots.
4. Add coconut cream, then the fish sauce, sugar and lemon juice. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add the chicken, prawns and the vegetables to the sauce. Saute quickly – do not overcook or the vegetables will lose their colour.
6. Add the fresh cream, garnish with spring onions and coriander leaves
7. Mix the Spekko Royal Umbrella Jasmine Rice with lemon zest and serve with the curry.