1 onion (finely chopped)
5000g sausage meat (removed from skins)
2 tbsp each coarsely chopped oregano
2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1½ tsp sweet paprika
1½ tsp cumin
½ tsp dried chilli flakes
50 ml extra-virgin olive oil
250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tbsp tomato puree
200g (1 cup) Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice
600 ml hot chicken stock
50 ml fino sherry or dry white wine
100 gm flat beans, trimmed and cut into 2cm lengths
100g Sun-dried tomatoes in oil (drained)
- Combine in a bowl 1/2 the onions, pork mince, herbs, half the garlic and half the spices, then roll into balls.
- Heat oil in a large, deep-sided frying pan over medium-high heat, add meatballs and brown on all sides (2-3 minutes), remove from pan and set aside.
- Add to the pan the remaining onion, with tomato, remaining garlic and remaining spices and sauté until tender (3-4 minutes).
- Add Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice, stir to toast (1 minute), then add stock and wine. Cover, cook for 10 minutes.
- Add meatballs, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add beans and sun-dried tomatoes cover and simmer until stock is absorbed and beans are tender (2-3 minutes). Serve hot, scattered with extra herbs.