¼ cup olive oil
2 red onions finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
3 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
1 ½ cups Spekko Royal Umbrella Jasmine Rice
1 liter vegetable stock
1 handful spinach
½ cup chopped parsley leaves
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
Fresh basil leaves, to garnish
Rocket leaves and balsamic glaze, to serve
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease and line the base and sides of an 18 – 20 cm spring form cake tin with baking paper.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan with a lid over a medium heat.
- Add the onions, garlic, mushrooms and rosemary. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until translucent.
- Stir in the rice and vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat then cover and simmer gently, stirring occasionally for 15 to 20 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed. Transfer to a large bowl. Allow to cool.
- Finely chop the spinach. then add the spinach, parsley, breadcrumbs, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and eggs to the rice mixture. Season to taste. Spoon into prepared tin. Press down firmly and flatten top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes then remove from the oven. Top with 1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese and the cherry tomatoes, season and drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- Place back in the oven to bake for another 30 minutes or until golden and firm to the touch. Garnish with basil leaves.
Slice, serve & ENJOY!