45m (3 tbsp) Oil
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 Garlic clove, crushed
6 Rindless streaky bacon, sliced
½ tsp Mixed dried herbs
1X 250g punnet Button mushrooms, sliced
375ml (1 ½ cups) Spekko Saman White Rice
500ml (2 cups) Chicken stock
250ml (1 cup) Pas
6 Sundried tomatoes, drained and chopped
¼ cup Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
6 Eggs, beaten
¼ cup Cream
1. Heat the oven to 180 º C.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pot and sauté the onion, garlic and bacon until the onion is soft.
3. Add the mushrooms and fry until soft.
4. Add the rice and stock, lower the heat and simmer very slowly for about 20 minutes.
5. Take the rice mix off the heat and add the peas, tomatoes and cheese. Season to taste.
6. Beat the cream into the eggs, then add to the rice mixture.
7. Line a 20 cm, loose-bottomed baking tin with baking paper. Grease with butter.
8. Add the rice mixture and bake for about 45 minutes until set.
9. Let the tart rest in the tin for about 15 minutes before unmolding. Slice and serve.