1 cup Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice
2 cups water
pinch of salt
1 X 170 g can shredded tuna, drained
½ X 410 g sweetcorn kernels, drained
¼ cup sliced spring onion
6 eggs, lightly beaten
½ cup milk
salt & pepper
chopped chives, optional
- Preheat oven to 170°C and grease a standard size muffin tray.
- In a medium pot, add the Spekko rice to 2 cups of salted water. Bring to the boil, cover & reduce the heat to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 20 – 25 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow the rice to sit covered for a further 10 – 15 minutes until you can fluff the rice with a fork. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked rice with the tuna, sweetcorn & spring onion.
- Divide this mixture equally in the muffin wells.
- Combine the eggs, milk, salt & pepper & whisk well.
- Pour over the rice mixture until the muffin wells are filled.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Serve warm with sour cream & chopped chives.