1 large onion, sliced
1 leek, sliced
2 carrots, sliced into rounds
2 stalks of celery, thinly sliced
5 ml (1 tsp) paprika
600 g cubed beef steak
1,2 litre beef stock
200 g Spekko Saman Brown Rice
2 sprigs thyme
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. In a pot sweat the onions, leeks, carrots, celery and paprika.
2. Add the meat and brown well.
3. Add the stock with the thyme sprigs into the pot. Bring to the boil then allow to simmer for 45 minutes.
4. Add the rice to the pot and cook for another 25 minutes until the beef and rice are tender. If you need to add more stock or water do.
5. Season and serve with crusty bread.