For the Tacos
4 cups cooked Spekko Saman White Rice
oil for brushing the wraps
For the Chicken
250 ml (1 cup) buttermilk
4 Chicken breasts, cut into strips
250 ml (1 cup) cake flour
125 ml (1/2 cup) chicken spice
salt and freshly ground black pepper
oil for shallow-frying
For the Slaw
1 Small purple cabbage, finely shredded
2 Red onions, thinly sliced
1 Carrot, sliced into thin batons
30 ml (2 tbsp) rice vinegar
30 ml (2 tbsp) toasted sesame seeds
handful of Italian parsley, finely chopped
For the sriracha maple glaze
60 ml (4 tbsp) maple syrup
30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
30 ml (2 tbsp) sriracha sauce (Thai chili sauce)
Guacamole and Chilli Mayonnaise
1. For the wraps, shape the rice tightly into golf ball rounds. Place between 2 sliced of cling wrap and press in a tortilla press until the wraps are formed. Brush with oil and fry in a dry pan until blistered.
2. Marinate the chicken slices for 20 – 30 minutes in the buttermilk. Drain and set aside.
3. Mix the flour with the chicken spice. Add scant salt and pepper. Coat the chicken in the seasoned flour. Shallow fry until crispy. Set aside and keep warm until needed.
4. For the slaw, combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
5. To make the sriracha glaze, heat the maple syrup in a pot. When just simmering, whisk in the butter and the chilli sauce.
6. To assemble, place the tortillas on a flat surface. Top with the chicken and slaw and drizzle the maple sriracha glaze over.