¾ Cup Spekko Saman White Rice
250 ml (1 cup) milk
1/3 Cup castor sugar
¼ tsp elachi (cardamon)
7,5 ml butter
1 X 400 ml can coconut cream
1 Egg, whisked
125 ml (1/2 cup) pistachio nuts
125 ml (1/2 cup) pomegranate seeds
1. Cook the rice in lightly salted water according to instructions on the pack and drain.
2. Heat milk, castor sugar, elachi, butter and coconut cream.
3. Stir in cooked rice and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring, until thick and creamy.
4. Reduce heat to low, add beaten egg and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Serve topped with pistachios and pomegranate seeds.