30 – 45 ml (2 – 3 tbsp) butter
1 Small onion, finely chopped
1 Garlic clove, crushed
¾ cup Dried cranberries
1 Orange, zested and juiced
½ tsp Cinnamon
1 ½ Cups Spekko India Gate Basmati Rice
375 ml (3 cups) Chicken stock
125 ml (½ cup) Chopped walnuts
Salt and milled pepper
¼ Cup chopped coriander
Roast chicken or grilled chicken to serve
- Heat the butter in a skillet and sauté the onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add the cranberries, orange zest and juice, and cinnamon and stir a few times.
- Add the rice and chicken stock and bring to a boil, reduce the heat and cover.Simmer for about 20 minutes or less, until the rice is cooked.
- Meanwhile, toast the walnuts in a dry pan.
- Drain any excess liquid and then fluff the rice with a fork.
- Toss in the walnuts and season to taste.
- Garnish with coriander and serve the pilaf warm with grilled chicken.