250 ml (1 cup) IMBO brown lentils
15 ml (1 tbsp) sunflower oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 celery stalks, diced
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 carrot, diced
500 ml (2 cups) cooked Spekko Saman Brown Rice
25 ml (5 tsp) chopped mint
25 ml (5 tsp) chopped coriander
100 g baby spinach leaves
200-250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
50 ml toasted pine nuts
50 ml olive oil
25 ml (5 tsp) lemon juice
25 ml (5 tsp) balsamic vinegar
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Cook lentils in boiling water until tender but not mushy. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan. Sauté onion, celery, garlic and carrot until soft.
3. Dressing: Mix all the ingredients together and season to taste.
4. In a large bowl, combine Spekko Brown Rice, lentils and cooked vegetables with fresh herbs, spinach and tomatoes.
5. Gently toss salad. Pour dressing over and garnish with pine nuts.