2 cups cooked Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice (or use leftover rice)
10 ml cornstarch
80 ml canola oil
300 g cherry tomatoes, halved
½ red onion, thinly sliced
1 red pepper, seeds removed & cubed
50 g anchovies
For the dressing
2 garlic cloves, crushed
20 ml wholegrain mustard
30 ml red wine vinegar
45 ml olive oil
20 g picked basil & parsley
- Mix the cooked rice with the cornstarch and a big pinch of salt.
- Heat 20 ml oil in a non-stick pan over a medium heat. Scoop half the rice mix into the pan, pressing down with a spatula. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes, until golden and crispy, then flip and crisp up the other side.
- Allow the rice to cool and break it up roughly.
- Place the cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, red pepper and anchovies in a large bowl.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the garlic, mustard, red wine vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add half of the rice to the salad, as well as the dressing. Toss and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- After marinating, add the remaining rice, basil and parsley leaves. Toss and serve immediately.