60ml (4 tbsp) Butter
1 Onion, chopped
1 packet Shoulder bacon, chopped
1 Clove of garlic, crushed
400g Button mushrooms, sliced
125ml (½ cup) White wine
375ml (1 ½ cups) Spekko Saman White Rice
4 cups Warm chicken stock
125ml (1/2 cup) Cream
45ml (3 tbsp) Chopped fresh parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat the butter in a large heavy bottomed pot. Lightly sauté the onion, garlic and bacon until the onion is soft.
2. Add the mushrooms and sauté until soft.
3. Add the rice and fry for a minute or 2.
4. Add the wine and then simmer until the wine is absorbed.
5. Add the heated chicken stock by the ladleful, stirring all the time until the rice is cooked through.
6. Add the cream and parsley and season with salt and black pepper.
7. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.