900 g skinless chicken thighs
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup tomato paste
2 garlic cloves, crushed
10 ml (2 tsp) tandoori masala
10 ml (2 tsp) garam masala
5 ml (1 tsp) vegetable oil
1 small yellow onion, diced
125 ml (1/2 cup) chicken stock1/4 cup roasted cashews
Fresh coriander for garnish
Spekko India Gate Basmati Rice to serve
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Mix the tomato paste with the garlic and masala spices, and set aside.
3. Heat the Balti Dish on medium-high for about a minute. Add vegetable oil. When it shimmers and begins to smoke, add the onions with a pinch of salt, and sweat until translucent. Add the tomato paste mixture and stir to combine.
4. Add the chicken thighs and coat with the tomato paste mixture. Pour in the chicken stock. Lower heat to medium and simmer for 25 minutes, or until fork-tender.
5. Pull the chicken apart loosely with a pair of tongs. Adjust seasoning, if needed, then garnish with cashews and coriander. Serve with basmati rice.