1½ cups Spekko Royal Umbrella Jasmine Rice, washed and soaked for 30 minutes in enough water to cover, then drained.
750 ml (3 cups) water
3 litre (6 cups) milk
250 ml (1 cup) sugar
¼ tsp crushed cardamom seeds
¼ tsp cinnamon 10 – 15 strands saffron, crushed, soaked in 1 teaspoon warm milk
7 – 8 almonds, chopped
7 – 8 unsalted pistachios, chopped
5 ml (1 tsp) ground ginger
5 ml (1 tsp) chopped dried apricot
5 ml (1 tsp) chopped dried figs
1. Boil rice in water till half done.1. Boil rice in water till half done.
2. Drain the rice and separate it on a tray over a dry cloth.
3. In a saucepan, heat the milk and bring to a boil. Add rice, stirring continuously on medium heat.
4. Simmer, stirring occasionally, to keep rice from sticking to bottom. Make sure the rice does not get mashed – stir in same direction and slowly add the sugar, cardamom, cinnamon, saffron, almonds and pistachios.
5. When rice is cooked, remove from heat and add the dried fruit. Serve hot.