For the chocolate domes
100 g dark chocolate
non-stick cooking spray
For the chocolate risotto
1 L milk
250 ml (1 cup) Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice
60 ml sugar
5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla essence
zest of 4 lemons
200 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
45 ml butter
extra sugar for caramel crust
For the garnish
chocolate ice cream
chocolate biscuits, such as Oreos, crushed
chocolate pop candy
- Blow up the balloons. Coat with con-stick cooking spray.
- Melt the chocolate for the domes. Then dip the balloons in the chocolate, or paint the bottom half of each balloon with the melted chocolate. Hang up to set.
- Heat the milk, rice, sugar, vanilla essence and lemon zest in a medium sized pot. Bring to the boil, stirring. Bring down to a simmer and keep on stirring until the mixture is creamy and the rice is cooked. This will take 20 – 35 minutes. Add a little extra milk if necessary.
- Take off the heat and add the chocolate pieces and butter. Stir to incorporate, then set aside to cool.
- Set the oven to grill. Divide the rice into 6 large oven proof bistro plates. Sprinkle sugar over the top. Place under the grill until the sugar is caramelized. Remove and set aside to cool.
- To complete the puddings: Top each rice pudding with a scoop of chocolate ice cream. Sprinkle with crushed biscuits and pop candy and scoop the caramel around the sides. Dot with lemon curd.
- Finally, deflate the balloons, top each of the puddings with a chocolate dome. Dot with lemon curd and chocolate caramel and decorate with some raspberries.