3 slices feta cheese, crumbled
6 chicken breast fillets, minced
375 ml (1½ cups) cooked Spekko Parboiled Long Grain Rice
1 egg, beaten
6 spring onions, chopped
125 ml (½ cup) chopped coriander
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 large red pepper, seeded and chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Olive oil to fry
1 onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 x 400 g can chopped tomatoes
125 ml (½ cup) marinated sundried tomatoes, chopped
250 ml (1 cup) chicken stock
2,5 ml (½ tsp) chilli powder
5 ml (1 tsp) sugar
250 ml (1 cup) basil leaves, shredded
4 x 250 ml (4 cups) cooked Spekko Saman Brown Rice
1. Mix all ingredients for the rice balls, except the oil, together and season to taste.
2. Shape chicken mixture into balls and rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
3. Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and fry balls until lightly browned but not cooked through. Set aside.
4. In the same frying pan, heat a little more oil and fry the onion and garlic until transparent. Add the tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, chicken stock, chilli powder and sugar and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Place chicken balls in sauce and gently heat through for a few minutes.
6. Stir in the fresh basil and serve with Spekko Brown Rice.