750 g Hake or cape whiting steak
15 ml (1 tbsp) Cake flour
45 ml (3 tbsp) Oil
2 Onions, chopped
2 Cloves garlic, crushed
15 ml (1 tbsp) Grated fresh ginger
2 Chillies, chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp) Curry powder
45 ml (3 tbsp) Curry paste
10 ml (2 tsp) Turmeric
1 X 65 g Can tomato paste
4 Tomatoes, peeled and chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
250 ml (1 cup) Coconut cream
Chopped fresh coriander
Spekko India Gate Basmati Rice to serve
1. Dust the fish lightly with the flour. Heat oil and fry the fish steaks until lightly brown. Set aside and keep warm.
2. Add onions, garlic, ginger and chillies to the pan and sauté until onions are soft.
2. Add curry powder, turmeric and curry paste, cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add remaining ingredients except coriander, simmer gently for 10 minutes.
4. Return fish to sauce, bring to the boil and then turn down the heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
5. Gently fold through the coriander leaves. Serve on Spekko India Gate Basmati Rice.