250 ml Spekko India Gate Basmati Rice
1 cinnamon stick
1 vanilla pod or 120 ml vanilla essence
800 ml milk
110 g (130 ml) castor sugar
100 ml good quality rose water
For the fudge sauce
200 g fudge, broken into blocks
200 ml cream
12 purple figs to serve
100 g chocolate curls for garnishing
- In a pot, mix the rice, cinnamon stick, vanilla pod or vanilla essence, milk and castor sugar. Heat to a boiling point until the sugar is melted. Lower the heat and simmer very slowly for about 45 minutes until the rice is cooked. Stir to ensure the rice does not stick.
- Add half the rose water and set aside.
- To make the sauce: On a low heat, heat the fudge and cream in a pot. Stir until the fudge has melted.
- Spoon the rice pudding in a serving bowl and sprinkle with the rest of the rose water.
- Cut the figs in half and arrange round the sides of the pudding. Garnish with the chocolate curls.