450g beef mince
4 large garlic cloves (minced)
2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp packed brown sugar
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tsp chili garlic sauce
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups of Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice
1 cup water
1/3 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
Spring onion curls
1/4 cup toasted black & white sesame seeds
Fresh coriander leaves
Whole and sliced radish
- In a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat, brown the beef mince. Break it up into smaller pieces with a spatula as it cooks. When the beef is about halfway browned, stir in garlic and ginger, and continue to cook until beef is no longer pink. Drain off any fat.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, chili garlic sauce, and black pepper. Pour over browned beef and fold to combine. Simmer for a minute or two, until thoroughly warmed.
- Cook the Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice according to instructions on the packet.
- Slice cumbers into desired shape
- Mix the pickling ingredients together in a Tupperware container and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add the cucumbers and store in the fridge for a least 1 hour before serving.
Beef & Rice
Serve the Korean beef on top of the Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice and garnish with pickled cucumber, spring onion, sliced radish, coriander and chilli.