1 1/2 cups Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice
For the Korean beef
1 tbsp oil
500 g beef mince
4 large garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
3 tbsp soya sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tsp garlic chili sauce
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
For the pickled cucumber
1 cup water
1/3 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
spring onion curls
1/4 cup toasted black & white sesame seeds
fresh coriander leaves
whole & sliced radishes
- First cook the Spekko rice as per the instructions on the pack.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium to medium-high and brown the beef mince. Break it up into smaller pieces with a spatula as it cooks. When the beef is about halfway browned, stir in the garlic and ginger, and continue to cook until beef is no longer pink. Drain off any fat.
- In a small bowl, combine the soya sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, chili garlic sauce, and black pepper.
- Pour over the browned beef and stir to mix. Simmer for a minute or two, until heated.
- To make the pickled cucumbers: Slice the cumbers into desired shape.
- Mix the water, vinegar, sugar & salt together. Stir until sugar is dissolved, then add the cucumbers. Cover and store in the fridge for a least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve the Korean beef on top of the white rice and garnish with pickled cucumber, spring onion, sliced radish, coriander and chilli.