For the rice rounds
2 cups Spekko Saman Brown Rice
1.5 tbsp coconut oil
½ cup brown sugar
320 ml cold water
250 ml coconut cream
200 g dark chocolate, melted
250 ml cream
Chocolate ice cream
100 g hazelnuts, chopped & roasted
50 g coconut flakes, toasted
- Mix the rice and coconut oil.
- Heat a large pot over a medium heat, add the rice mixture and gently stir for 3-4 minutes over the heat.
- Add the brown sugar, cold water and coconut cream. Stir to combine. Cover with a lid and bring to the boil, give it a good stir, put the lid back on and turn down to a gentle simmer. Cook for about 30 minutes, until the rice is cooked through and liquid has been absorbed.
- In a large bowl mix the warm rice mixture with the chocolate and stir to combine.
- Pour the rice mixture into a tray lined with cling film. Press down firmly and evenly. It should be about 2 cm high. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Once chilled and firm, tip the rice out onto a board. Using a small scone cutter, cut the set rice mixture into rounds.
- Allow the coconut chocolate rice rounds to come to room temperature. Serve the rounds on top of a bed of cream, topped with scoops of chocolate ice cream, roasted hazelnuts and coconut flakes.