500 ml (2 cups) cooked and cooled Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice
45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
½ onion, finely chopped
2 eggs, beaten
5 ml (1 tsp) oyster sauce
½ tsp sesame seed oil
5ml (1 tsp) finely chopped coriander
2 chicken breasts, sliced
¼ cup dice carrots
¼ cup diced green peppers
¼ cup frozen peas/ or chopped fresh green beans
½ cup chopped red onions
½ cup bean sprouts
15 ml (1 tbsp) good quality soy sauce
15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped spring onions
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok and add the finely chopped onion.
- Fry onion until brown, remove from the wok and set aside, allowing cooling.
- Mix beaten egg with the oyster sauce, sesame oil and chopped coriander.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok.Add the egg mixture and swirl wok to cover as much of the surface as possible. When cooked on one side flip over and cook on the other side for a few seconds.
- Remove from the wok and chop the fried egg into smaller pieces.
- Heat the last tablespoon of oil in the wok. Add the chicken, carrots, green peppers, peas, previously fried onion and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add red onion, bean sprouts and green peppers continue to stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked rice and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add the chopped egg and soy sauce. Cook for a further 30 seconds. Add more soy sauce if required.
- Remove and serve immediately. Sprinkle with chopped spring onion to garnish.