375ml (1½ cups) Spekko Saman Brown Rice
375ml (1½ cups) Brown lentils
30ml (2 tbsp) Oil for frying
300g Chicken fillets, cut into strips
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
Grated rind and juice of 2 oranges
5ml (1 tsp) Dijon mustard
100ml Olive oil for dressing
100ml Chopped mint
100g Wild rocket
1. Cook Spekko Saman Brown Rice according to the instructions on the pack and drain well.
2. Cover lentils with water and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
3. Heat oil in a pan and fry chicken until golden brown and just cooked, but not dry. Season to taste.
4. Make a dressing by whisking citrus rind and juices with mustard and season to taste. Slowly whisk in oil until it emulsifies and forms a dressing. Stir in mint.
5. Mix rice and lentils with chicken and toss with some of the dressing to coat the ingredients. Toss rocket leaves with more dressing and place on top of the salad.
From the Spekko kitchen
• Cook Spekko Saman Brown Rice and brown lentils in the same pot. Add a little extra water and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Remember the combination of Spekko Brown Rice and brown lentils makes up a complete protein and also ensures a meal with a very low GI. Omit the chicken for a perfect vegetarian light meal.