900 g chicken mince
1 Small onion, chopped
¼ cup breadcrumbs
½ tsp dried basil
½ tsp dried thyme
½ tsp dried origanum
½ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp paprika
5 ml (1 tsp) salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 Garlic clove, finely chopped
45 ml (3 tbsp) oil
30 l (2 tbsp) cake flour
15 ml (1 tbsp) medium curry powder
375 ml (1 ½ cups) chicken stock
¾ cup cream
4 cups coked Spekko Saman White Rice to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
2. Mix the chicken mince, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, the dried herbs, cayenne pepper, turmeric, paprika, salt, pepper and garlic. Roll into walnut sized balls.
3. Heat the oil in a large pan and brown the meatballs. Set aside on kitchen towel to absorb extra oil.
4. Pack into a large ovenproof dish.
5. Melt the butter in a pot, add the cake flour and curry powder and cook for 2 minutes on a low heat.
6. Add the stock and cream and stir and cook for 5 – 7 minute until thickened.
7. Pour the sauce over the chicken meatballs, cover the dish and bake for 30 minutes.